Training Workshop on Data Journalism
Flooding and free flow of information on various socioeconomic, politico-cultural, eco-scientific areas pose new challenges for the journalists and info-practitioners to search; interpret, and visualize data. The contemporary info-age requires a new set of skills and dynamism. A specialized training workshop for Journalists and info-practitioners is being organized to equip them with data analytic tools aiming to sharpen their skills amid the digital and social media revolution. By the end of this training workshop participants will be able: to have data literacy with the significance of data and its importance for the public at large, to identify the open data resources that can be evaluated and how to use them; how to search, analyze and interpret data professionally?: how to draft data-driven research-based stories and how to equip with tools for visualizing data. The training will also provide opportunities to have an interaction with senior journalists, to learn from their hands-on experience.
• Data literacy and evaluation
• Interpreting data and analytic toolkit
• Drafting data-driven stories
• Interaction with senior journalists
• Journalists and media practitioners will be equipped with the necessary skills for data-driven stories.
• Storytelling in a challenging information scenario
• Learning from the senior journalists.
Registration is mandatory, please fill the following form
Registration Closed: 13th November 2021.
Date: Wednesday, 17th November 2021.
Timings: 10 am to 5 pm
Venue: Conference Hall, PASTIC, QAU, Islamabad.
Jointly Organized by
Regional Rapport, PASTIC, Technology Times